September 17 2020
With so much information and skincare products out there we know it can be a little overwhelming trying to figure out what's right for you.
Cleansing your face removes makeup, oil, dirt, and other debris even if you don't wear makeup, the skin on your face comes into contact with residue from other skincare products like moisturiser and sunscreen, as well as pollutants, microbes, dirt, and other debris, not to mention oils, sweat, and dead skin cells.
Without cleansing, it's this buildup on the skin that can lead to textural issues and poor luminosity, especially because it prevents your skin from being able to renew itself overnight. As if that's not enough to make you want to wash this buildup can potentially clog the pores resulting in dry, irritated skin, and even acne. This can lead skin to becoming itchy, resulting in scratching, potentially leading to breaks in the skin, which can then increase the risk of infection. Eek!
Furthermore, not cleansing can also mean that every product you layer onto your face won't be as effective because they have to penetrate through a layer of impurities.
Knowing how to use your skincare properly is vital to making sure you get the greatest benefits. And no, make up wipes are not cleansers! :D
Best Way To Cleanse:
- Using hot water may feel nice, but it’s not doing your skin any favours. Hot water is dehydrating—it strips healthy, natural oils from your skin too quickly. Lukewarm water is warm enough to help loosen dirt and sebum without stripping your skin. If you’re redness-prone, try cleansing with cool water, which helps constrict blood vessels.
- You need to give your cleanser time to work. And technique matters too. Rather than scrubbing vigorously for 20 seconds, spend a full minute gently massaging your face in circular motions.
- This stimulates your lymphatic system, which encourages oxygen and blood circulation. This is also great when using our Revitalising Gel Cleanser as it contains Papaya & Pineapple enzymes which help to remove dead skin cells from the surface of your skin. Letting it stay on your skin for 60 seconds allows these enzymes to eat away at more of those cells leaving a smoother complexion.
- In case you haven’t heard it lately, your neck needs love too. It’s one of the spots that show signs of ageing first, mainly because it’s not a top priority in your skincare regimen. But your neck should be included in every step of your routine, starting with cleansing. As skincare guru Caroline Hirons say, "Take It To The Tits".
- Because the skin on your face is so delicate, take extra care to pat it dry with a soft towel. And it doesn’t need to be bone-dry when you’re done. It’s okay to leave a thin layer of moisture on your skin since the products you apply next will seal that in.
- It’s the skin advice as old as time: Wash your face morning and night. The usual protest against this sage guidance is that in the mornings, your skin is still clean from the night before. But that’s not exactly the case. Overnight, your skin cells are hard at work, which means they’re secreting toxins and sebum. Wash your face in the morning to remove all that waste and secure better performance from your daytime products.
Our Revitalising Gel Cleanser is the perfect cleanser for any skin type as it is formulated to gently, yet deeply, cleanse your skin, leaving it refreshed and revitalised every single time.